What does a 4 Day Learn to Plaster course consist of?
This is by far the most popular course designed to cover all aspects of a plastering job. It’s all about learning technique and stages. There’s no paperwork, there are no classrooms, no exams; it’s plastering, plastering and more plastering.
On this course we also cover boarding up, it only takes a small portion of the time but is very important as it allows you to learn plastering on both existing walls and new board.
The course also covers:
- Learning about tools and materials.
- Mixing plaster to a perfect consistency.
- Plastering walls and ceilings to a smooth finish.
- Re-plastering existing walls and ceilings.
- Plastering large areas.
- Plastering up to and into windows.
- Repairs and invisible patching.
- Feathering in (blending wet into dry plaster)
- Measuring up.
- Cutting and fixing plasterboard to ceilings, walls, windows and corners.
- Attaching angle bead, taping and jointing.
- A certificate of completion at the end of the course.